Aguilar family crest
Colors on the Aguilar family crest explained
Argent (silver) - represents the peaceful and sincere nature of the Aguilar family and the importance of these values.
Or (Gold) - signifies the historical generosity of the ancient Aguilar family.
Gules (red) - symbolizes martyrdom and the historic military strength of the Aguilar family when needed in times of ancient war.
Symbols on the Aguilar family crest explained
The lion - represents ferociousness, bravery and valour, one of the most desirable family crest symbols.
The eagle - symbolises how Aguilar family members are people of action, quick wittedness and a noble nature. When the wings are displayed, this additionally represents 'protection'.
The roundel (circular shape) - is believed to be a symbol from the times of the crusade and represents justice.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Aguilar family name
The earliest known origin of the family name Aguilar is from Spain.
The name is derived from the Latin word "aquila," which means "eagle."
The Aguilar family crest is a golden eagle on a red background
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Aguilar family and the Aguilar family crest
- The first Aguilar family lived in Spain in the 14th century.
- The family name was originally derived from the Spanish word for "eagle."
- The Aguilar family name is derived from a location in Spain called Aguilar de la Frontera.
- This town was founded in the 12th century by the Moors, and the Aguilar family name is derived from the Moorish word for "eagle', which is associated with the towns translation as 'the eagle's nest'.
- The Aguilar family was one of the most prominent families in Spain during the Moorish period.
- The Aguilar family was also one of the most powerful families in Spain during the Middle Ages.
- They held positions of power in the government and the military, and their members even included several saints.
- The family coat of arms can still be seen in the town of Aguilar de la Frontera.
- The family began to emigrate from Europe in the 17th century and the Aguilars were some of the first Spanish settlers in the Americas.
- The first Aguilar to come to America settled in Puerto Rico in the 1600s.
- The first recorded Aguilar to come to the early United States was Alonso Aguilar, who arrived in New Orleans in 1785 from Spain, however it is believed other family members had already arrived from central America.
Regular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $33.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $49.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $169.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per