Allen Family Crest
Meaning of the colors on the Allen family crest
Gules (red) - symbolizes martyrdom and the historic military strength of the Allen family when called upon
Or (Gold) - represents the family's strong reputation for being generous.
Argent (silver) - represents the Allen family reputation for sincerity and peace since early times.
Meaning of the symbols on the Allen family crestThe three oak leaves - are a connection to the religious beliefs of early family members and symbolizes faith and endurance.
The fesse (strip across the shield), is an ancient symbol and represents one who upholds good concscience, honour and religion against evil forces.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Allen family name
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Allen family and the Allen family crest
- The first recorded use of the name Allen in England was in the Domesday Book of 1086.
- The name Allen is also common in Scotland, where it is derived from the Gaelic word meaning "handsome".
- The first recorded use of the name in Ireland was in the year 1172, when one Alanus de Athol was recorded as holding lands in County Meath.
- The name Allen has been used as a given name since the 19th century.
- The Allen family name in America can be traced back to the early 1600s, when a man named Edward Allen arrived in the colony of Massachusetts.
- Allen is thought to have been born in England in 1585, and he emigrated to America with his wife and children in 1635.
- The Allens were among the earliest settlers in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, and they quickly established themselves as a leading family in the colony.
- Edward Allen served as a magistrate and a member of the colonial legislature, and his sons followed in his footsteps, becoming prominent political and military leaders in early America.
- The Allen family name has been associated with American history ever since, and today there are thousands of Americans bearing the Allen surname.
- The city of Allentown in Pennsylvania is named for William Allen, a Colonial-era landowner.
- There are numerous Allen Street names in cities across the United States.
- The Allens Creek in New York is named for early settler John Allen.
- The Allen County in Indiana was named for William Allen, a United States Senator from Ohio.
Regular price From $29.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $85.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $39.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$45.00 USDSale price From $39.00 USD