Alvarez family crest
Colors on the Alvarez family crest explained
Argent (silver) - is an ancient symbol of peacefulness and sincerity, two things the Alvarez family was known for.
Gules (red) - symbolizes martyrdom and the historic military strength of the Alvarez family when needed.
Symbols on the Alvarez family crest explained
The green tree - signifies a long lasting age of the Alvarez family and enduring strength.
The black wolf - symbolizes the danger in crossing or betraying members of the Alvarez family alongside the relentless nature of their perseverance and hard work.
The red and silver 'chequy' pattern - represents constancy and the enduring nature of this ancient family and its members.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Alvarez family name
The Alvarez family name is of Spanish origin.
Alvarez is a Spanish patronymic surname meaning "son of Alvaro".
The name is derived from the Germanic word "alb" meaning "white" or "bright" and the Latin word "wolf".
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Alvarez family and the Alvarez family crest
- The first recorded use of the name was in the 12th century.
- The Alvarez family name was first found in Galicia, an area located in northwestern Spain.
- The Alvarez family name is steeped in history and tradition. It is a name that is respected and admired by many.
- The first early recording of an ancestor occurred when a Spanish nobleman named Alvarez de Toledo.
- The Alvarez family has a long and proud history in Spain.
- Alvarez is also a common surname in the Spanish provinces of Asturias and Leon.
- The Alvarez family was granted a coat of arms by King Ferdinand III of Castile in 1258.
- They were one of the first families to settle in the New World, and their name is now found in many countries around the world.
- The Alvarez name is synonymous with strength, courage, and determination.
- The Alvarez family name was first found in America in the late 1600s.
- The first recorded family member in America was Gomez Alvarez and his wife, Maria Alvarez, arrived in New York from Spain.
- The Alvarez family were among the first Spanish settlers in the New World and quickly developed a reputation as people of hard work and trustability.
Shop our bestsellers
Research + Family Crest PrintRegular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$29.00 USDSale price From $24.00 USDSale
Research + Family Crest Digital File PackRegular price $33.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$39.00 USDSale price $33.00 USDSale
Research + Crest & History PrintRegular price From $49.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$60.00 USDSale price From $49.00 USDSale
Research + Family Crest PlaqueRegular price $159.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$199.00 USDSale price $159.00 USDSale