Brady family crest
Colors on the Brady family crest explained
Argent (silver) - represents the peaceful and sincere nature of the early Brady family and the importance they placed on these values.
Or (Gold) - symbolizes the historical generosity of the Brady family.
Sable (black) - symbolizes constancy and the enduring nature of the Brady family.
Symbols on the Brady family crest explained
The hand pointing at the sun - symbolizes splendour and everlasting glory with a strong connection to the fountain of life.
It is a symbol that represents the Brady family's belief in the cyclical nature of life and religion.
The Cherub face - is a symbol of glory and honor. They also represent the delivery of positivity and good news.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Brady family name
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Brady family and the Brady family crest
- The name Brady is of Irish origin.
- The name was first used in the 12th century in its English spelling but likely much earlier than that in Gaelic.
- The Brady clan is one of the oldest and most powerful clans in Ireland.
- The name was first found in County Roscommon, Ireland,
- The Bradys were a prominent family in Ireland, and held a great deal of land and power.
- The clan was a branch of the great O'Neill clan.
- The Brady family is strongly associated with the towns of Ballyjamesduff in County Cavan, Ireland, Ballyhaunis and Castlerea in County Roscommon, Ireland.
- The Brady clan has a long history of conflict with the English crown.
- In the 16th century, the Brady clan was nearly wiped out by the English during the Nine Years' War.
- The Brady clan regained its power in the 17th century, and played a significant role in the Irish Rebellion of 1641.
- The clan was once again nearly destroyed by the English in the 18th century, during the Irish Rebellion of 1798 but just about survived.
- However, the name was in decline since the 19th century, but has remained an important part of Irish history and culture.
- The Brady family name in America can be traced back to the early 1600s, when a man named John Brady emigrated from England to the colony of Virginia.
- John Brady's descendants would go on to settle in other parts of the country, including Pennsylvania, New York, and Ohio. Alongside other Brady's who arrived to the shorts of the new world, the family were instrumental in building the early United States.
Regular price From $29.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $85.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $39.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$45.00 USDSale price From $39.00 USD