Flores Family Crest
Colors on the Flores family crest explained
Argent (silver) - signifies peacefulness and sincerity, two of the strongest characteristics of Flores family members.
Azure (blue) - represents the Flores family's loyalty and truthful nature.
Or (Gold) - symbolizes the historical generosity of this ancient family.
Symbols on the Flores family crest explained
The five fleur-de-lis - represent purity, light and religious connections including connections of the Virgin Mary. A connection to the family's early religious associations.
The ermine side pattern - represents purity and a willingness to die rather than soil the family name.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Flores family name
The Flores family name is believed to have originated in Spain, during the medieval period.
The name is derived from the Latin word "floris", meaning "flower".
It is thought that the first bearer of the name was someone who was born during the month of May, when flowers are in bloom.
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Flores family and the Flores family crest
- The Flores family name is of Spanish origin, and it is one of the most common names in Spain.
- The Flores family has been in Spain for many centuries, and they have played an important role in Spanish history.
- The very earliest versions of the Flores family name was first found in Galicia, an ancient province of northwest Spain. Galicia is the homeland of the Galicians, a Celtic people who were conquered by the Romans in the 2nd century BC
- The Flores name first appears widely in official historical records in the 12th century.
- However, it is thought that the family was present in Spain since the 8th century, and they also served as Spanish nobility during the Middle Ages
- Its first recording was when a Spanish knight named Rodrigo Flores took part in the Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa. Las Navas de Tolosa was a key battle in the Reconquista, the centuries-long campaign to expel the Muslim Moors from Spain.
- The Flores family became prominent in Spanish society during the 1500s and 1600s. During this time, they produced a number of noblemen and women, as well as a saint, Ignatius of Loyola.
- The first recorded instance of the name in America is in 1620, when Juan Flores arrived in Virginia.
- The name became particularly common in Hispanic communities in the southwestern United States after immigration to the new world.
- The Flores name has spread to other countries over the centuries. Today, there are Flores families all over the world, from Spain to the Philippines to the United States.
Regular price From $29.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $85.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $39.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$45.00 USDSale price From $39.00 USD