Fox family crest
Colors on the Fox family crest explained
Argent (silver) - represents the values of peacefulness and sincerity, both of which were of utmost importance to the Fox family.
Azure (blue) - represents the Fox family's loyalty and truthful nature
Or (Gold) - symbolizes the historical generosity of this ancient family.
Symbols on the Fox family crest explained
The four foxes - represents how this family are people who will use the full force of their strong wits to defend themselves.
The blue chevron shape - symbolizes the historical Fox family home, the importance of home for family members through the years and the safety this provides.
Ermine background pattern - represents purity and a mark of dignity and social standing.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Fox family name
The family name Fox has a long and rich history, dating back to the early days of the British Isles.
The name is thought to have originated from Old English, and was used to describe someone who was cunning.
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Fox family and the Fox family crest
- The family name Fox is of English origin.
- The first recorded use of the name Fox is in the Domesday Book of 1086, which listed a man named Hughe Fox in Lincolnshire.
- The Fox family name was also found in Yorkshire where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
- The name Fox has been used as a given name in England since the Middle Ages, and it is also a popular surname in Ireland and the United States.
- The name continued to be used throughout the Middle Ages, and by the 17th century, there were a number of prominent families with the surname Fox in England.
- Over time, the family name Fox came to be associated with someone who was quick-witted or resourceful.
- The Fox family name in America can be traced back to the early 1600s, when the first Fox immigrants arrived in the colonies.
- The name in America is believed to have originated with George Fox, who emigrated from England to Massachusetts in 1650.
- The Foxes were a prominent family in the early days of the American colonies, and their name can be found in many early records.
- The family name Fox has been used by famous people such as George Fox, the founder of the Quaker movement, and Charles James Fox, a British statesman.
Shop our bestsellers
Research + Family Crest PrintRegular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$29.00 USDSale price From $24.00 USDSale
Research + Family Crest Digital File PackRegular price $33.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$39.00 USDSale price $33.00 USDSale
Research + Crest & History PrintRegular price From $49.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$60.00 USDSale price From $49.00 USDSale
Research + Family Crest PlaqueRegular price $159.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$199.00 USDSale price $159.00 USDSale