Gonzalez Family Crest
Meaning of the colors on the Gonzalez family crest
Gules (red) - Represents martyrdom and historic military strength when called upon
Or (Gold) - symbolizes the generosity of members of this ancient family.
Argent (silver) - symbolizes the famous sincerity of Gonzalez family members throughout history.
Meaning of the symbols on the Gonzalez family crest
The Castle - represents safety, home and typically the capture of a stronghold by ancient family members or symbolic of family members who were granted control over a castle in the favour of a king.
Click here to purchase the Gonzalez family crest
Origins of the Gonzalez family name
The Spanish nobility is where the Gonzales surname originates. The earliest Gonzales family in Spain likely dates back to the 12th or 13th century, and they have aristocratic origins. The family name is thought to have first been found in the northern Spanish province of Burgos.
The Gonzales family name has a long history of association with Spain, and Spanish settlers and immigration have carried it to many parts of the world.
For a more detailed history, Click here to see our crest & history products
Summary of the Gonzalez family and the Gonzalez family crest
- Gonzalez is a surname from Spain. The Visigoths, who were of Germanic descent, utilized it initially.
- The Visigoths used the term to designate a battle-tested warrior.
Rodrigo Gonzalez, who was born in Spain in 1040, is the first Gonzalez to be identified.
- In the province of Burgos, Rodrigo Gonzalez's family had land and he belonged to the Spanish nobility.
- The Gonzalez family has been residing in Burgos since the eleventh century, and the Spanish college of arms has recorded their coat of arms.
- Rodrigo Gonzalez de Peralta arrived in Puerto Rico around 1508 and was one of the first members of the Gonzalez family to settle in the Americas.
- Since the 19th century, members of the Gonzalez family have played a significant role in Puerto Rican politics. They have held both mayorial and legislative positions in San Juan.
- Jose Gonzalez arrived in San Francisco in 1849, making the Gonzalez family one of the earliest families to settle in California.
- Gonzalez is a name that can also be found in Portugal, where it is believed to have Sephardic Jewish origins.
Regular price From $29.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $85.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $39.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$45.00 USDSale price From $39.00 USD