Green Family Crest
Colors on the Green family crest explained
Argent (silver) - means peace and sincerity and signifies the main beliefs of the Green family.
Or (Gold) - symbolizes the historical generosity of this ancient family.
Azure (blue) - represents the Green family's loyal and truthful nature.
Symbols on the Green family crest explained
The three stags - symbolizes people of a peaceful and harmonious nature. Those who will not fight unless provoked.
This is likely a connection to the friendly peaceful nature of the early Green family members in ancient Europe.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Green family name
The name Green has been used since the early days of the English language.
It is derived from the Old English word "grene", which means "green" or "greenish".
The name is topographical in nature, meaning it was used to describe someone who lived near a green or grassy area.
The name was first used as a given name in the 12th century. It was popular in the Middle Ages, but it declined in use in the modern era.
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Green family and the Green family crest
- The first recorded use of the surname Green dates back to the 11th century.
- The name is thought to derive from the Old English word 'grene', meaning green or grass.
- The name may also have been used to refer to someone with green eyes in ancient times.
- Today, Green is a relatively common surname in the English-speaking world.
- In the United States, the surname Green is ranked as the 62nd most common surname.
- Green is also a common surname in Ireland, where it is ranked as the 55th most common surname.
- The first recorded use of the surname in Ireland was in 1314, when one John le Grene was registered in the 'Subsidy Rolls of County Dublin'.
- Green is also a common surname in Scotland, where it is ranked as the 43rd most common surname.
- The Green family name in America can be traced back to the early 1600s, when English settlers first arrived in the New World.
- The first recorded Green in America was John Green, who arrived in Massachusetts in 1630.
- Since then, the Green family has spread across the United States, with members settling in nearly every state.
Regular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$29.00 USDSale price From $24.00 USD
Regular price From $85.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $39.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$45.00 USDSale price From $39.00 USD