Lee Family Crest
Meaning of the colors on the Lee family crest
Argent (silver) - represents the Lee family reputation for sincerity and peace towards others since the middle ages.
Sable (black) - symbolises constancy and the enduring nature of this family.
Meaning of the symbols on the Lee family crestThe three oak leaves - are a connection to the religious beliefs of early family members and symbolizes faith and endurance.
The fesse (strip across the shield), is an ancient symbol and represents one who upholds good concscience, honour and religion against evil forces.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Lee family name
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Lee family and the Lee family crest
- The Lee surname is derived from Old English and means "clearing" or "meadow".
- The Lee family can be traced back to the Norman Conquest of England in 1066.
- The first recorded use of the Lee surname was in the Domesday Book of 1086.
- The Lee family name was first found in the county of Hampshire.
- The Lee family name later spread to the counties of Essex, Kent, and Surrey.
- There is evidence that some of the Lee family originally came from Normandy, France.
- The Lee family is one of the oldest and most distinguished families in America.
- The first Lee in America was Richard Lee, who arrived in Virginia in 1639.
- The Lee family was one of the very first families to settle in Virginia.
- The Lee family was one of the first families to be granted a coat of arms in America.
- The Lee family has produced many notable individuals including in the early United States, including Confederate General Robert E. Lee.
- In the United States, Lee is the seventh most common surname.
Regular price From $29.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $85.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $39.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$45.00 USDSale price From $39.00 USD