Long family crest
Colors on the Long family crest explained
Argent (silver) - represents the values of sincerity and peacefulness, both of which were hugely important to the Long family.
Gules (red) - represents martyrdom and the historic military strength of the Long family when needed in ancient times.
Sable (black) - symbolizes constancy and the enduring nature of this family.
Symbols on the Long family crest explained
The crosses - symbolizes Christ's rise from the dead to claim victory over sin. A connection to the Long family's early religious associations.
The lion - represents ferociousness, bravery and valour, one of the most desirable family crest symbols.
The crown - signifies the authority of the early Long family, in relation to royalty, societal standing or military ranking.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Long family name
The Long family name is believed to have originated in the 12th century from the Old English word for long, 'lang', which was used to describe someone who was tall.
The name also has roots in the Old Norse word for "long," which was used to describe someone who was strong or had a long life.
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Long family and the Long family crest
- The first recorded use of the Long family name was in the 13th century when a man named Robert Long was listed in the Hundred Rolls of Berkshire, England.
- The Long family name is thought to be of Anglo-Saxon origin.
- The name was first found in Suffolk where they held a family seat from very ancient times.
- The name is derived from the Old English word 'lang', meaning 'long'.
- The name was first found in the 12th century.
- The Long family were one of the first families to settle in the New World.
- The family name is associated with the noble family of the same name.
- The family crest is a lion rampant, granted before the 17th century.
- The Long family name in America can be traced back to the early 1600s, when a man named John Long settled in the colony of Virginia.
- John Long was born in England in 1585 and came to America with his wife and children in 1609.
- The Long family was one of the first families to settle in the Virginia colony.
- John Long's descendants lived in Virginia for many generations.
- In the early 1800s, some of the Long family members moved to the state of Kentucky.
- Today, the Long family name is popular in many countries around the world including the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
Regular price From $29.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $85.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $39.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$45.00 USDSale price From $39.00 USD