Lynch family crest
Colors on the Lynch family crest explained
Argent (silver) - signifies the peaceful and sincere nature of the Lynch family and the importance they placed on these values.
Or (Gold) - symbolizes the historical generosity of this ancient family.
Azure (blue) - represents the Lynch family's loyalty and truthful nature
Symbols on the Lynch family crest explained
The Chevron shape - symbolizes the historical family Lynch home, the importance of home for family members through the years and the safety this provides.
The three trefoil symbols - represents the ever-lasting qualities of the Lynch family. A symbol with connections to ancient Ireland.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Lynch family name
The Lynch family name is believed to have originated in Ireland.
The name is derived from the Old Irish word "lioch" which means "seaman" or "mariner".
It is also thought to be a corruption of the word "lochlannach" which means "Viking".
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Lynch family and the Lynch family crest
- The Lynch family has been in use in Ireland since well before the 12th century.
- The family was among the first families known to have settled in Ireland and their name has been associated with the country ever since.
- The Lynch family were one of the "Tribes of Galway", a group of fourteen families who dominated the city of Galway in the west of Ireland during the medieval period.
- The Lynch family were powerful landowners in the Galway area and were responsible for the building of many of the city's most iconic landmarks, including Lynch's Castle.
- The family was also responsible for the construction of the city's walls, which were built in the 13th century to protect the city from attack.
- The Lynch family were well known for their involvement in the wine trade and were responsible for the importation of many French wines into Ireland.
- The family were closely associated with the Irish Rebellion of 1641, with several members of the family being involved in the uprising.
- The Lynch family were also involved in the Irish Rebellion of 1798, with several members of the family taking part in the fighting.
- By the 17th century, the family had begun the emigrate from Ireland in search for prosperity in early America.
- Some of the first Lynch families in America came to the country in the 1600s.
- These families settled in Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.
- By the 1800s, many of the Lynch family members moved to the Midwest, where they settled in Ohio, Michigan, and Illinois.
- Today, all Lynch family members can still proudly trace their roots back to ancient Ireland.
Regular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $33.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $49.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $169.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per