Malone family crest
Colors on the Malone family crest explained
Argent (silver) - signifies the values of peacefulness and sincerity, both of which were of great importance to the Malones.
Or (Gold) - symbolizes the historical generosity of the Malone family.
Azure (blue) - represents the Maline family's loyal and truthful nature.
Symbols on the Malone family crest explained
The diagonal bend in the shield typically represents an ancient Malone family member who distinguished themselves in military service, likely as a successful commander of forces.
The three crosses - symbolizes Christ's rise from the dead to claim victory over sin. A connection to the Malone family's early religious associations.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Malone family name
The Malone family name is of Irish origin.
The name is derived from the Gaelic "O'Mealbhain", which means "son of the servant of St. John", a tie to the family's Catholic beliefs.
The Malone family were originally from County Mayo in Ireland. They later settled in County Down in Northern Ireland.
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Malone family and the Malone family crest
- The Malone family has its roots in County Mayo in Ireland.
- The family was one of the ancient families of Ireland.
- The family can trace its origins back to the 12th century when spelled in English, but from much earlier than that in native Gaelic.
- The Malone family were granted the barony of Ballybetagh by King James I in 1613.
- The Malone family has been involved in politics in Ireland since the middle ages.
- The family was heavily involved with the Irish Rebellion of 1641 and the Irish Rebellion of 1798.
- The Malone family has produced several notable figures throughout history, including an Archbishop of Dublin and a Lord Mayor of Dublin.
- The family name is also found in Scotland since the middle ages.
- The Malone family were originally from the Isle of Islay in Scotland. They later settled in the Highlands of Scotland.
Malone family in America
- The Malone family were one of the first families to settle in America, arriving in the state of Massachusetts in the 1600s.
- The family name is also found in the records of the Dutch colony of New Netherland, where a branch of the family by the name of 'Maloney' arrived in the early 1600s, a variation of the original name.
- The family continued to grow and thrive in the New World based on their strong work ethic and were instrumental in the building of the early United States.
- Today, all Malone family members can still trace their roots back to ancient Ireland.
Shop our bestsellers
Research + Family Crest PrintRegular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Research + Family Crest Digital File PackRegular price $29.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Research + Crest & History PrintRegular price From $49.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Research + Family Crest PlaqueRegular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per