Mason family crest
Colors on the Mason family crest explained
Argent (silver) - represents the importance of peacefulness and sincerity for the Mason family.
Azure (blue) - represents the Mason family's loyalty and truthful nature.
Gules (red) - symbolizes martyrdom and the historic military strength of the Mason family in times of war.
Symbols on the Mason family crest explained
Fleur-de-lis - represents purity, light and religious connections including connections of the Virgin Mary. A connection to the Mason family's early religious associations.
The two stars - symbolize the noble and good qualities of Mason family members, It also represents additional divine characteristics granted from a higher power.
The diagonal bend in the shield typically represents an ancient Mason family member who distinguished themselves in military service, likely as a successful commander of forces.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Mason family name
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Mason family and the Mason family crest
- The Mason family name has been in use in England for many centuries.
- The first recorded use of the Mason surname in England was in the Domesday Book in 1086.
- The family was originally from the county of Yorkshire.
- The Mason family were involved in the building of many of England's great cathedrals and castles, including Westminster Abbey and Windsor Castle.
- The Masons held much sway in society due to their connections.
- The Mason's Guild was one of the most powerful and influential trade guilds in medieval England.
- The first Mason to come to America was John Mason, who arrived in Massachusetts in 1629.
- He was followed by his brother, George Mason, who settled in Virginia in 1649. George Mason's grandson, George Mason IV, was a Founding Father of the United States and a framer of the United States Constitution.
- The Mason family also has a long history of military service, with members serving in both the British and American armed forces.
Regular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $75.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $39.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$45.00 USDSale price From $39.00 USD