Parker Family Crest
Colors on the Parker family crest explained
Argent (silver) - represents peacefulness and sincerity. Attributes the Parkers are known for.
Gules (red) - symbolizes martyrdom and the historic military strength of the Parker family when called upon in times of war.
Or (Gold) - symbolizes the historical generosity of this ancient family.
Symbols on the Parker family crest explained
The chevron shape - symbolizes the historical family home, the importance of home for Parker family members through the years and the safety this provides.
The three leopard heads - signifies valiance and a hardened warrior past. It represents how the Parker family approach challenges with courage.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Parker family name
The earliest known origin of the family name Parker is from Old English.
The word "park" comes from the Old English word "pærc" which means "enclosed space".
"Parker" would have originally been a name given to someone in medieval times who worked as a gatekeeper for an enclosed space.
Over time, the name Parker became a surname and was passed down from generation to generation.
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Parker family and the Parker family crest
The Parker family name is derived from Old English and means "keeper of the park".
- The first recorded use of the Parker surname dates back to the 11th century.
- The Parker name was one originally brought by the Normans, who came to England with William the Conqueror in 1066.
The Parker family were originally from Yorkshire, England.
The Parker family have produced several notable individuals including Sir Matthew Parker, Archbishop of Canterbury during the 16th century.
The Parker family owned the estate of Shenstone Park in Staffordshire, England for over 500 years.
The Parker family were supporters of the Royalist cause during the English Civil War.
- The Parker family name in America can be traced back to the early 1600s, when English settlers began to arrive in North America.
- The first Parker on record in America is John Parker, who arrived in the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1630.
- All Parker family members today can still trace their heritage back to middle England all those years ago.
Regular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $33.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $49.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $169.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per