Perry family crest
Colors on the Perry family crest explained
Argent (silver) - represents peace and sincerity, two values the Perry family was known for in the middle ages.
Or (Gold) - signifies the historical generosity of the ancient Perry family.
Gules (red) - symbolizes martyrdom and the historic military strength of the Perry family in times of war.
Symbols on the Perry family crest explained
The three lions - represents ferociousness, bravery and valour, one of the most desirable family crest symbols.
The diagonal bend in the shield typically represents an ancient Perry family member who distinguished themselves in military service, likely as a successful commander of forces.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Perry family name
The Perry family name is believed to have originated in England.
The Perry name is believed to be of French Norman roots, where it is thought to have come from the Latin word pera, meaning pear tree.
It also has roots in Welsh where it holds an origin as a reference to the 'son of Harry'.
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Perry family and the Perry family crest
- The Perry family name is of English origin.
- The name was introduced into England after the Norman Conquest of 1066.
- The first officially recorded use of the name was in the 11th century, when a man named Roger de Percy was listed.
- The Perry family was granted lands in England by King William and the family flourished throughout the Middle Ages among nobility.
- The family has long been associated with the town of Perry, in the county of Devon, England. This is where the family is thought to have originated. The town is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086, and was originally known as Peregrine's Island, referencing the French spelling of the root name.
- The Perry family remained prominent in England for centuries, and members of the family have held positions of power and influence in the government and the Church.
- The family began to emigrate in the 1600s.
- The earliest known American Perry ancestor is John Perry, who was born in England in 1585.
- He migrated to the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1635.
- His descendants later settled in Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey.
Regular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $33.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $49.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $169.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per