Pierce family crest
Colors on the Pierce family crest explained
Argent (silver) - is the color of peacefulness and sincerity. Two attributes the Pierce family is known for.
Sable (black) - symbolises constancy and the enduring nature of this family.
Symbols on the Pierce family crest explained
The three boar heads - represents a fierce warrior history and a willingness of family members to fight against adversity until death.
The droplets - symbolizes one who has endured spilling of liquids in battle, in this case blood.
The Chevron shape - symbolizes the historical family home, the importance of home for Pierce family members through the years and the safety this provides.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Pierce family name
While the name Pierce is strongly associated with England, the name is thought to originally be derived from the old French word "pierre", meaning "stone or rock".
It is possible that the name was originally given to someone who was born or lived near a stone quarry.
Alternatively, it could be a nickname for someone who was strong and muscular, like a stone.
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Pierce family and the Pierce family crest
- The first Pierce in recorded history was a man named Simon de 'Piers', who was born in France in 1040.
- He was a member of the noble family of de Piers, who were one of the most powerful families in France at the time.
- Simon de Piers was a very important man in his own right, holding several high positions in the French government. He is also believed to be the first person to use the surname Pierce.
- The first recorded use of the Pierce surname in England dates back to the 12th century in England.
- The Pierce family has been associated with the County of Devon in England since the 13th century.
- The first recorded use of the Pierce surname in the New World was in the 1630s in the Massachusetts Bay Colony.
- The first recorded Pierce in America was Richard Pierce, who arrived in Boston in 1633.
- The Pierce family was one of the first families to settle in the Massachusetts Bay Colony.
- The first Pierce in America was a mason by trade and helped build some of the early homes and public buildings in the colony.
- The Pierce family was active in the military and politics from the earliest days of the colony.
- Several members of the Pierce family served in the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War.
- The Pierce family has produced several notable politicians, including U.S. President Franklin Pierce.
- The Pierce family name is also found in Ireland, where it is derived from the Gaelic surname "Mac Piarais"
- Today, the Pierce surname is the 50th most common surname in the United States.
- The Pierce family name is also commonly found in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
Regular price From $29.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $85.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $39.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$45.00 USDSale price From $39.00 USD