Price family crest
Colors on the Price family crest explained
Argent (silver) - is a symbol of peacefulness and sincerity, two key values of the Price family.
Gules (red) - symbolizes martyrdom and the historic military strength of the Price family in those times it was needed.
Symbols on the Price family crest explained
The lion - represents ferociousness, bravery and valour, one of the most desirable family crest symbols.
The rose sprig - is a symbol of joy and hope for the future of the iconic Price family.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Price family name
The Price family name is thought to have originated in Wales, with the first
recorded use of the name being in the 12th century.
The name is thought to be derived from the Welsh word for 'son of Rhys'.
Rhys means ' enthusiasm' in ancient Welsh.
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Price family and the Price family crest
- The Price family name is thought to have originated in Wales.
- The first recorded use of the Price surname dates back to the 12th century.
- The first recorded use of the surname dates back to when one Griffith ap Rhys was recorded as living in the county of Flintshire in Wales.
- The family name was also said to be of Norman descent, had come to Wales from England during the Norman invasion of Wales in the 11th century.
- The Price's quickly established themselves as a powerful and influential family in the region, and their lands and power continued to grow over the following centuries.
- During the medieval period, the Prices were one of the most prominent families in Wales, and held a number of important positions within the Welsh government.
- The family built a number of castles and fortifications in the Rhos region, which helped to solidify their power and influence.
- Price is a common surname in Wales and England but is also found in Ireland, Scotland, and France.
- The first Price in America is believed to be John Price, who arrived in Virginia in 1635.
- He was followed by Thomas Price, who arrived in Maryland in 1648.
Shop our bestsellers
Research + Family Crest PrintRegular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$29.00 USDSale price From $24.00 USDSale
Research + Family Crest Digital File PackRegular price $33.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$39.00 USDSale price $33.00 USDSale
Research + Crest & History PrintRegular price From $49.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$60.00 USDSale price From $49.00 USDSale
Research + Family Crest PlaqueRegular price $159.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$199.00 USDSale price $159.00 USDSale