Reilly Family Crest
Colors on the Reilly family crest explained
Argent (silver) - represents peacefulness and a sincere nature. Two things the Reilly's were known for.
Vert (green) - symbolizes family members loyalty in love and hope for the future.
Or (Gold) - signifies the historical generosity of the Reilly family.
Symbols on the Reilly family crest explained
The bloody hand - represents faithfulness, sincerity and the importance of justice for the Reilly family. It also has ties to the waring history of Ulster in ancient Ireland.
The two Lions - represents ferociousness, bravery and valour, one of the most desirable family crest symbols.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Reilly family name
The earliest known origin of the family name Reilly is Ireland.
The name is derived from the Gaelic word raghallach, meaning "valiant or courageous"
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Reilly family and the Reilly family crest
- The name Reilly is derived from the Gaelic word raghallach, meaning "courageous."
- The name was first borne by a 10th-century king of Connacht.
- The Reilly clan was one of the four main septs of the O'Neill clan.
- The Reillys were one of the most powerful families in Ulster during the medieval era.
- Since the Reillys were such a powerful clan in Ireland during the medieval era, and their name was adopted by many families throughout the country and spread rapidly.
- The family's power began to decline in the 16th century, and by the 17th century, the Reillys had lost much of their land and wealth.
- The family largely remained in Ireland until the early 18th century, when they began emigrating to America and Australia.
- The name was first brought to America by Irish immigrants in the mid 1700s -1800s
- The first members of the Reilly family to come to America settled in Pennsylvania in the 1700s.
- There are many different ways the family name Reilly can be spelled including but not limited to O'Reilly, Riley, Rielly and Reiley.
- Today, the Reilly name is still common in Ireland, and is also found in other parts of the world, including the United States, Canada, and Australia.
Shop our bestsellers
Research + Family Crest PrintRegular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$29.00 USDSale price From $24.00 USDSale
Research + Family Crest Digital File PackRegular price $33.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$39.00 USDSale price $33.00 USDSale
Research + Crest & History PrintRegular price From $49.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$60.00 USDSale price From $49.00 USDSale
Research + Family Crest PlaqueRegular price $159.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$199.00 USDSale price $159.00 USDSale