Reynolds family crest
Colors on the Reynolds family crest explained
Argent (silver) - signifies the value the Reynolds placed on peacefulness and sincerity.
Or (Gold) - symbolizes the historical generosity of this ancient family.
Vert (green) - represents Reynolds family members loyalty in love and hope for the future
Symbols on the Reynolds family crest explained
The lion - represents ferociousness, bravery and valour, one of the most desirable family crest symbols.
The three shells - represent early Reynolds family members journey to far away regions and a historic strong command over war at sea.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Reynolds family name
Reynolds is a surname of English, Scottish, and Irish origin.
The Reynolds family name was first used in medieval England.
The name is derived from the Old French word "reynold", meaning "king's field".
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Reynolds family and the Reynolds family crest
- The Reynolds family name was first used in medieval England.
- The first recorded use of the name Reynolds was in the year 1273, when one William de la Reyneldes was listed in the Subsidy Rolls.
- The family were granted a coat of arms in 1406.
- Much of the family is descended from Sir John Reynolds (d. 1471), Speaker of the English House of Commons.
- The family were originally from Lancashire, but later moved to Yorkshire.
- The family seat is at Castle Ashby in Northamptonshire.
- The current head of the family is Charles Reynolds-Masters, 12th Baronet.
- The Reynolds family were prominent landowners and had a number of properties in both Yorkshire and Lancashire.
- The family were strong supporters of the Royalist cause during the English Civil War.
- The Reynolds family owned the estate of Bayham Abbey in Kent from 1540 until it was sold in 1925.
- The Reynolds family was one of the first families to settle in the American colonies, arriving in Virginia in the early 1600's.
- The first known Reynolds in America was Thomas Reynolds, who arrived in Virginia in 1635.
- His descendants remained in Virginia for many generations. In the late 1800s, some members of the Reynolds family moved west to Oklahoma and Arkansas.
Regular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $75.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $39.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$45.00 USDSale price From $39.00 USD