Robertson Family Crest
Colors on the Robertson family crest explained
Argent (silver) -signifies the Robertson family's reputation for peacefulness and sincerity.
Gules (red) - symbolizes martyrdom and the historic military strength of the Robertson family when called upon.
Symbols on the Robertson family crest explained
The wolf - symbolizes the danger in crossing or betraying members of this family alongside the relentless nature of their perserverence and hard work.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Robertson family name
The Robertson family name is is strongly associated with the Scottish Gaelic name "Mac Raibeirt", which means "son of Robert", but also has origins in northern England.
The Robertsons are one of the oldest families in Scotland, with the earliest known origin dating back to the 12th century.
The Robertson clan is associated with the Clan Donnachaidh and Clan Chattan, and their chief is Clan Donnachaidh.
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Robertson family and the Robertson family crest
- The Robertsons have a long and rich history in Scotland and England.
- They were one of the first families to settle in the Highlands, and their clan has played a significant role in Scottish history.
- The Robertsons were a powerful clan during the Wars of Scottish Independence, and their chief, Robert the Bruce, was crowned King of Scotland in 1306.
- The Robertsons were allied with the powerful Stewart clan and fought alongside them in many battles.
- The clan continued to be a major force in Scottish politics and society for centuries, and their legacy is still evident today.
- The Robertsons are a proud and distinguished clan, with a history that is steeped in tradition and honour.
- They are a clan that is respected and admired by all, and their name is synonymous with strength, courage, and determination.
- The Robertsons were traditionally a Highland clan, but today members of the clan can be found all over the world.
- The Robertsons were also one of the first families to settle in the New World, with many members emigrating to America in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- The Robertson family name in America can be traced back to Scottish immigrants who arrived in the 1600s.
- The family were known for their courage and fighting spirit in the New World, and they quickly became one of the most respected families in the American colonies.
- The Robertson family name became even more famous during the American Revolution, when several members of the clan fought alongside the Continental Army. One of the most famous Robertsons was General George Robertson, who served as a major general in the Continental Army.
- Today, the Robertson family name is still respected and revered in America.
Shop our bestsellers
Research + Family Crest PrintRegular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$29.00 USDSale price From $24.00 USDSale
Research + Family Crest Digital File PackRegular price $33.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$39.00 USDSale price $33.00 USDSale
Research + Crest & History PrintRegular price From $49.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$60.00 USDSale price From $49.00 USDSale
Research + Family Crest PlaqueRegular price $159.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$199.00 USDSale price $159.00 USDSale