Robinson Family Crest
Meaning of the colors on the Robinson family crest
Or (Gold) - represents the generous nature of the Robinson family since the early and middle ages.
Vert (green) - symbolizes family members loyalty in love and hope for the future
Argent (silver) - symbolizes the sincerity and peacefulness of the Robinsons.
Meaning of the symbols on the Robinson family crest
The three trefoil symbols - represents eternity and ever-lasting qualities. A symbol with connections to ancient Ireland.
The three stags - symbolizes people of a peaceful and harmonious nature. Those who will not fight unless provoked.
Click here to purchase the Robinson family crest
Origins of the Robinson family name
The name is a literal version of 'Robin's son', used for those with a father by the name of Robin.
The name Robin is a form of the name 'Robert', which means 'bright fame'. The first recorded use of the Robinson surname is thought to be during the 12th and 13th centuries in Europe.
For a more detailed history, Click here to see our crest & history products
Summary of the Robinson family and the Robinson family crest
- The Robinson family name was first used in England during the medieval period.
- This unique but popular family name is derived from the old English first name 'Robin', meaning "bright" or "shining".
- The 12th century saw the first use of the name in England.
- Records suggest that the name was originally of French Norman descent, and their first recorded ancestor is Richard Du Robin, who was born in 1066 and migrated to England.
- The earliest Robinson settlers in England were found in an area called Durham, in the northern part of the country.
- By the mid part of the 14th century, the family had spread to other parts of England, including Yorkshire.
- Some family members within the Robinsons were early settlers in the founding years of the United States of America.
- The first family members arrived on the shores of Eastern USA in the early 1600s.
- The Robinson name is also commonly found in Scotland and on the island of Ireland and was also popular in these regions from early times.
Regular price From $29.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $85.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $39.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$45.00 USDSale price From $39.00 USD