Rodriguez Family Crest
Meaning of the colors on the Rodriguez family crest
Azure (blue) - represents the family's truthfulness and loyalty.
Vert (green) - symbolizes family members loyalty in love and hope for the future
Argent (silver) - signifies sincerity and peace.
Or (Gold) - symbolizes the historical generosity of this ancient family.
Meaning of the symbols on the Rodriguez family crest
The Castle - represents safety, home and potentially the capture of a stronghold by ancient family members
The eagle - symbolises how family members are people of action, quick wittedness and a noble nature. When the wings are displayed, this additionally represents 'protection'.
Click here to purchase the Rodriguez family crest
Origins of the Rodriguez family name
The name Rodriguez is derived from the Spanish word "rodrigo", meaning "famous ruler". Rodriguez is a common Spanish surname.
It is also common in other Spanish-speaking countries such as Mexico and Puerto Rico and many parts of the United States. Rodriguez is also a common given name in Spain.
The name Rodriguez has been in use since the Medieval period. It is first found in the records of the Kingdom of Castile, in what is now central Spain.
For a more detailed history, Click here to see our crest & history products
Summary of the Rodriguez family and the Rodriguez family crest
- The first recorded bearer of the name was Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar, better known as El Cid. He was a medieval Spanish warrior and national hero.
- El Cid was a man of great renown and his family name has been associated with heroism and chivalry ever since.
- Today, the name Rodriguez is still a very popular name in Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries. It is a strong and proud name, evoking images of Spanish courage and strength.
- The name Rodrigo comes from the Germanic elements "hrod" meaning "famous" and "ric" meaning "power".
- The name Rodriguez is the second most common surname in Spain, after Garcia. It is the second most common latin name in the United States.
- It is also common in Latin America, where it is often spelled Rodríguez.
- The name Rodriguez can be traced back to the 12th century
- The name Rodriguez has been used as a given name since the Middle Ages.
- In the 20th century, it became popular in the United States as a surname. - Rodriguez is also a common surname in Italy and Portugal.
- It is also found in the Philippines, where it is spelled as Rodrigues
Regular price From $29.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $33.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $55.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $169.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per