Rogers Family Crest
Colors on the Rogers family crest explained
Argent (silver) - symbolizes how the Rogers family are peaceful and sincere people.
Sable (black) - symbolises constancy and the enduring nature of the Rogers family.
Or (Gold) - symbolizes the historical generosity of this ancient family.
Symbols on the Rogers family crest explained
The Chevron shape - symbolizes the historical family home, the importance of home for Rogers family members through the years and the safety this provides.
The three stags - symbolizes people of a peaceful and harmonious nature. Those who will not fight unless provoked.
The trefoil symbol - represents ever-lasting qualities. A symbol with connections to ancient Ireland.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Rogers family name
There is much dispute over the earliest known origin of the name Rogers.
Some believe that it is of Anglo-Saxon origin, deriving from the Old English word 'hroega', meaning 'famous' or the old English word 'rog' meaning 'red'.
Others believe that it is of Germanic origin, deriving from the Old High Germanic name Hroðgar, meaning "famous spear".
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Rogers family and the Rogers family crest
- Rogers as a name was originally used to describe the offspring of someone with the first name 'Roger' - short for 'Roger's son'.
- The first recorded use of the Rogers surname dates back to the 11th century.
- The name was most likely brought to England by the Normans, and it was common in both England and Normandy during the Middle Ages.
- The first Rogers family in America arrived in the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1630.
- The first Rogers family in America was likely that of Edward Rogers, who immigrated to Massachusetts from England in 1630.
- The Rogers family has produced several notable individuals, including the American Revolution patriot Samuel Rogers.
- Since then, the Rogers family has been present in every major American conflict, including the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, and both World Wars
- The Rogers family coat of arms is registered with the College of Arms in London.
- The Rogers family name is most common in the United Kingdom, where it ranks as the 74th most common surname.
- The Rogers family name is also found in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
Regular price From $29.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $85.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $39.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$45.00 USDSale price From $39.00 USD