Rose family crest
Colors on the Rose family crest explained
Argent (silver) - is an ancient symbol of peacefulness and sincerity, two values the Rose family was known for.
Or (Gold) - symbolizes the historical generosity of this ancient family.
Azure (blue) - represents the Rose family's loyalty and truthful nature.
Symbols on the Rose family crest explained
The eagle - symbolises how Rose family members are people of action, quick wittedness and a noble nature. When the wings are displayed, this additionally represents 'protection'.
The rose - is a symbol of joy and hope for the future of this iconic family.
Fleur-de-lis boarder pattern - represents purity, light and religious connections including connections of the Virgin Mary. A connection to the Rose family's early religious associations.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Rose family name
The Rose family name is thought to have originated in the 12th century, from the Old French word "rosa".
The name was originally given to someone with a rosy complexion or who performed well in battle.
Over time, the name became associated with the flower.
The rose is a symbol of love and beauty, and the family name Rose came to represent these qualities.
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Rose family and the Rose family crest
- The Rose family name is of English origin.
- The first recorded use of the Rose family name dates back to the 12th century.
- The Roses were a noble family in England during the Middle Ages.
- They were one of the most powerful families in the country and held a great deal of influence over the English monarchy.
- The first ancestor officially recorded was when a man named William de Rose was listed in the records of the county of Suffolk.
- The Rose family first became prominent among English Nobility in the 14th century.
- The family has produced many notable figures over the centuries, including several knights, earls, and even a king. The Roses have always been a force to be reckoned with, and their legacy continues to this day.
- The family has owned several historic properties in England, including castles and manors that still partially stand today such as Kilravok castle.
- The Rose family name in America is of English origin and can be traced back to the early 1700s.
- The first recorded Rose in America was John Rose, who arrived in Virginia in 1702.
- The Rose family name continued to spread in the United States as the family built its reputation on hard work and a reliable nature.
- Today all Rose family members can still trace their ancestry back to middle age England.
Regular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $75.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $39.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$45.00 USDSale price From $39.00 USD