Sanchez Family Crest
Meaning of the colors on the Sanchez family crest
Argent (silver) - represents the Sanchez family reputation for peacefulness and sincerity.
Azure (blue) - symbolizes the family's loyal and truthful nature.
Or (Gold) signifies the historical generosity of the Sanchez family.
Meaning of the symbols on the Sanchez family crest
The eagle - symbolises how family members are people of action, quick wittedness and a noble nature.
When the wings are displayed as seen in the Sanchez family crest, this additionally represents people of a protective nature.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Sanchez family name
The name Sanchez is derived from the first name Sancho, which in turn comes from the Latin name 'Sanctius', meaning "holy" or "saintly".
The name was first found in Spain and Portugal, where it was borne by the noble family of Sanchez de Toledo.
The name was also borne by Saint Sancho III of Navarre, also known as Sancho the Great.
The name Sanchez is also found in Italy, where it is thought to be of Spanish origin.
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Sanchez family and the Sanchez family crest
- The Sanchez family name is primarily of Spanish origin.
- The Sanchez family name is first found in Castile, where the name is thought to have first originated.
- The first recorded use of the Sanchez family name is in the 12th century, when a certain Sancho Sanchez was registered in the town of Valladolid.
- By the 13th century, the Sanchez family name had spread to other parts of Spain, including the regions of Aragon and Catalonia.
- The Sanchez family name was also common in the Basque Country, where it was thought to have spread in early times.
- After the 13th century, the Sanchez family name was soon found in Portugal, France and Italy where it is thought to have been introduced by Spanish settlers.
- The Sanchez family name in America is derived from Spanish settlers who came to the New World in the 1600s.
- The name quickly spread, particularly across the western states as settlers moved north from Latin America.
- Today, the name is most frequently found in California, Texas, and Florida.
- The Sanchez family name is one of the oldest and most distinguished Spanish families in America.
Shop our bestsellers
Research + Family Crest PrintRegular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$29.00 USDSale price From $24.00 USDSale
Research + Family Crest Digital File PackRegular price $33.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$39.00 USDSale price $33.00 USDSale
Research + Crest & History PrintRegular price From $49.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$60.00 USDSale price From $49.00 USDSale
Research + Family Crest PlaqueRegular price $159.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$199.00 USDSale price $159.00 USDSale