Sanders Family Crest
Meaning of the colors on the Sanders family crest
Sable (black) - symbolises constancy and the enduring nature of the Sanders family.
Argent (silver) - represents the Sanders family reputation for sincerity and peace since the middle ages.
Meaning of the symbols on the Sanders family crest
The three bull's heads - signifies valour, generosity and bravery alongside the giving nature of family members.
Additionally, the bulls horns (and the repetitive nature of such on the crest) signifies the irrefutable strength of the family through history.
The silver Chevron shape - symbolizes the historical family home, the importance of home for family members through the years and the safety this provides.
Click here to purchase the Sanders family crest
Origins of the Sanders family name
The name was first brought to England in the 12th century by the Normans from continental Europe.
The earliest recorded use of the name Sanders in England was in the year 1273, in the current day county of Norfolk.
For a more detailed history, Click here to see our crest & history products
Summary of the Sanders family and the Sanders family crest
- The Sanders family name is derived from the personal name "Alexander".
- The earliest use of the Sanders family name dates back to the early 12th century in England.
- The first Sanders recorded officially was one William de Sander who is thought to have been a Norman nobleman who came to England with William the Conqueror in the mid to late 11th century.
- The Sanders family name is still found primarily in the British Isles and United States, with a small cohort based in Ireland.
- The Sanders family name is also associated with the Clan of Murray within Scotland.
- In medieval times, a popular version of the name was spelled as 'Sande'.
The Sanders name was first brought to the United States, where it was first brought over by English and Scottish settlers in the 1600s and 1700s.
- The first recorded instance of the name in America was in 1620, when John Sanders arrived in the current and modern state of Virginia.
- The name Sanders was initially given to people who were known to be calm or peaceful, as the name Alexander means 'defender of the people'.
The Sanders family has produced several notable individuals including Sir Alexander Sanders, an English crusader.
Regular price From $29.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $33.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $55.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $169.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per