Scott Family Crest
Meaning of the colors on the Scott family crest
Argent (silver) - signifies sincerity, peace and the Scott family's reputation for such.
Or (Gold) - symbolizes the historical generosity of Scott family members.
Azure (blue) - represents the Scott family's truthful and loyal nature.
Meaning of the symbols on the Scott family crest
The two crescents - represents Scott family members steady control and power over everyday actions.
The star - symbolizes the noble and good qualities of Scott family members, It also represents a belief in additional divine characteristics granted from a higher power in ancient times.
The diagonal band - known as a 'bend' represents early family members who were distinguished military leaders. It symbolizes protection and family honour.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Scott family name
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Scott family and the Scott family crest
- The Scott family name is derived from the Old English word "scott" meaning "Irishman", 'Scotsman' or "Welshman" of Gaelic descent.
- The first documented recorded use of the Scott family name dates back to the 11th and 12th century.
- The earliest recorded use of the name in England is thought to be in the 11th century, when William the Conqueror brought a number of Scottish nobles to England to help him consolidate his power.
- The region of Yorkshire is the place most commonly associated with early Scott family members.
- The Scott family name is also associated with the clan system in Scotland.
- The Scott family name is one of the oldest and most distinguished families in Scotland.
- The first recorded use of the name Scott in America is believed to be in 1620, when a man named William Scott arrived in Virginia.
- The Scott family remained in Virginia for several generations, before some members migrated to other parts of the country.
- They were also very active in the military and many of their members served in the Revolutionary War.
- The Scott family was also one of the first families to settle in the west and were instrumental in the development of that region of the country.
Regular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$29.00 USDSale price From $24.00 USD
Regular price From $85.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $39.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$45.00 USDSale price From $39.00 USD