Shaw family crest
Colors on the Shaw family crest explained
Argent (silver) - is a symbol of those with a peaceful and sincere nature, things the Shaw family were known for.
Or (Gold) - symbolizes the historical generosity of this ancient family.
Azure (blue) - represents the Shaw family's loyalty and truthful nature.
Sable (black) - symbolizes constancy and the enduring nature of the Shaw family.
Symbols on the Shaw family crest explained
The three eagles - symbolize how Shaw family members are people of action, quick wittedness and a noble nature. When the wings are displayed, this additionally represents those 'protection'.
The Chevron shape - represents the historical Shaw family home, the importance of home for Shaw family members through the years and the safety this provides.
The arrow pierced goat - symbolises wisdom and the successful pursuit of wisdom by Shaw family members.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Shaw family name
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Shaw family and the Shaw family crest
- The first recorded use of the name (in English) was in the 12th century, when a man named Walter Shaw was recorded in County Mayo, Ireland and a similar time in England.
- However, the Gaelic version of the name is believed to have existed for many centuries before this.
- In Ireland, the Shaw family were originally a clan of the O'Neill dynasty.
- The Shaw name is associated with the town of Shaw in Lancashire, England.
- The name is believed to have been brought to England by the Normans.
- The first recorded use of the Shaw surname dates back to 1166 in England and originally came from the county of Lancashire.
- The Shaw family is one of the oldest and most respected families in England.
- The Shaw family name in America can be traced back to the early 1600s, when a man named William Shaw arrived in Massachusetts from England.
- William Shaw arrived in Massachusetts in 1632. The Shaw family was one of the first families to settle in the New England colonies.
- The Shaw family quickly spread throughout the United States based on a strong work ethic and reputation for reliability.
- Today, all Shaw family members can still trace their ancestry back to ancient Ireland and middle age England.
Regular price From $29.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $85.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $39.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$45.00 USDSale price From $39.00 USD