Starks family crest
Colors on the Starks family crest explained
Argent (silver) - is a symbol from early times representing peacefulness and sincerity, two values the Starks cared for greatly.
Or (Gold) - symbolizes the historical generosity of this ancient family.
Symbols on the Starks family crest explained
The Chevron shape - symbolizes the historical Starks family home, the importance of home for family members through the years and the safety this provides.
The three lions - represents ferociousness, bravery and valour, one of the most desirable family crest symbols.
The stag - symbolizes the Starks being people of a peaceful and harmonious nature. Those who will not fight unless provoked.
The crown - signifies authority either in relation to royalty, societal standing or military ranking.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Starks family name
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Starks family and the Starks family crest
- The Starks family was well-established in England by the time of the Norman Conquest in 1066.
- The Starks were a powerful and influential family during the medieval period.
- They held a number of important positions in the English government and played a major role in the country's military history.
- During the Wars of the Roses, the Starks sided with the House of Lancaster. The family's fortunes changed in the late 15th century, when the last male heir, George Stark, was killed in battle.
- The Starks fell into decline and the family name was all but forgotten by the end of the 16th century.
- The Starks family name was revived in the 18th century when it began to gain popularity again both in England and in those who had begun to emigrate to America.
- The first Starks in America was John 'Stark', who arrived in Virginia in 1607.
- The Starks were among the earliest settlers of Pennsylvania and were among the first to move westward into Ohio and Indiana.
- In the 19th century, some members of the Stark family moved south into Kentucky and Tennessee.
- By the 20th century, the Stark family continued to move westward, into the states of Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota.
Regular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$29.00 USDSale price From $24.00 USD
Regular price From $85.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $39.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$45.00 USDSale price From $39.00 USD