Turner family crest
Colors on the Turner family crest explained
Argent (silver) - represents the values of sincerity and peacefulness, both of which were of huge importance to the Turner family.
Gules (red) - symbolizes martyrdom and the historic military strength of the Turner family when called upon.
Or (Gold) - symbolizes the historical generosity of this ancient family.
Symbols on the Turner family crest explained
The three trefoil symbols - represents the ever-lasting qualities of the Turner family. A symbol with additional connections to ancient Ireland.
Vair' pattern in red and white - symbolizes the furs often worn by high born subjects and royalty in ancient times, with a likely connection to the preferred clothing of early Turner family members.
The veritcal 'Pale' bar on the shield - represents military strength.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Turner family name
The earliest known origin of the family name Turner is from the Anglo-Saxon tribes of Britain.
The name is derived from the Old English word turner, which means "one who turns or shapes wood." The name was also derived from the French word 'turnour'.
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Turner family and the Turner family crest
- The first recorded instance of the Turner surname dates back to 12th century in the "Pipe Rolls of Gloucestershire".
- The first recorded person of the Turner surname in England is believed to be that of Richard le Turnour.
- The Turner family has been associated with the British nobility for centuries.
- The Turner family were originally based in the English counties of Gloucestershire and Worcestershire.
- During the medieval period, the Turner family were associated with the wood and wool trades.
- The Turner family name is also found in Ireland, where it is thought to have been introduced by settlers from England during the Norman Invasion of Ireland in the 12th century.
- The Turner family name is one of the oldest and most distinguished families in England.
- The Turner family was one of the first families to settle in the American colonies.
- They were among the early settlers of the Virginia colony in 1607.
- As the family grew, they began to move to other states where including the states of Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, and Ohio.
- Today, all Turner family members can still trace their roots back to medieval England.
Regular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $33.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $49.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $169.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per