Ward Family Crest
Meaning of the colors on the Ward family crest
Argent (silver) - represents the Ward family's well established reputation for sincerity and peace over generations.
Or (Gold) signifies the generous nature of Ward family members.
Azure (blue) - Symbolizes the family's truthfulness and loyalty.
Meaning of the symbols on the Ward family crest
The cross 'Fleury' - can be traced back to the 13th century as a symbol of religious association. The three tips of the cross resemble a 'fleur-de-lis' symbol which in turn represents purity, light and religious connections including connections of the Virgin Mary.
The bearing of this symbol is likely an indication of the early Ward family's spiritual beliefs.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Ward family name
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Ward family and the Ward family crest
- The Ward family name is derived from the Old English word "weard", meaning "guardian".
- The Ward family name was first established in England in the 11th century.
- The family name is one of the oldest English surnames.
- The first recorded instance of the Ward family name is in the Domesday Book of 1086.
- The original documented family name is most strongly associated with the county of Yorkshire in England.
- The Ward family first appeared in American records in the late 1600s.
- This family was one of the first to settle in the New England colonies, and they have been prominent in American life ever since
- Some notable early American members of the Ward family include John Ward, an early settler of the Massachusetts Bay Colony; Samuel Ward, a delegate to the Continental Congress from Rhode Island
- The Ward family name has been associated with the American Revolution, the Civil War, and the American frontier.
- The Ward family name has been associated with some notable individuals throughout history. John Ward, a 17th-century English pirate, was active in the Caribbean and Atlantic Ocean. Matthew Ward, a 19th-century American missionary, was an important figure in the development of the Latter-day Saint movement.
Regular price From $29.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $85.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $179.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $39.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$45.00 USDSale price From $39.00 USD