Wright Family Crest
Meaning of the colors on the Wright family crest
Or (Gold) - signifies the historical generosity of this ancient family.
Argent (silver) - represents the Wright family reputation for sincerity and peace.
Sable (black) - symbolises constancy and the enduring nature of this family.
Azure (blue) - represents the family's truthfulness and loyalty.
Meaning of the symbols on the Wright family crest
The three arrow heads - signifies this powerful family's readiness for military action since ancient times.
The unicorn - represents endless courage, stength and the virtuous nature of this family.
The Chevron shape - symbolizes the historical Wright family home, the importance of home for family members through the years and the safety this provides.
Click to purchase this family crest or browse other family crest offers.
Origins of the Wright family name
For a more detailed history, see our crest & history products
Summary of the Wright family and the Wright family crest
- The Wright family name was originally derived from the Old English word "wryhta", meaning "worker" or "craftsman".
- The Wright family can trace their origins back to the county of Yorkshire in England.
- The Wright family was a noble family who owned large tracts of land in medieval England.
- They were known for their military prowess and their loyalty to the crown
- The Wright family were one of the wealthiest families in Yorkshire during the 16th and 17th centuries.
- The Wright family were involved in a number of notable events throughout history, including the Battle of Hastings in 1066.
- The first Wright to come to America was John Wright, who arrived in Massachusetts in 1630.
- The family has played an important role in early American history, including John Wright was a Puritan minister who helped found the town of Concord, Massachusetts
- The Wright name has also been found in Germany and the Netherlands. It is thought that the German and Dutch families are descended from Anglo-Saxon immigrants who settled in those countries.
- The Wright name is now common across the English-speaking world including Australia, New Zealand, and Canada and the United States.
- A number of famous people have been born into the Wright family, most notably the Wright brothers, who are considered to have invented the airplane.
- Francis Wright, was a prominent abolitionist who helped found the American Anti-Slavery Society.
Regular price From $24.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $33.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $49.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $169.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per